We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
2657 N. Illinois St.,
(Hwy 159 - Schnucks Swansea Plaza)
Swansea, IL 62226
Phone: (618) 235-3370
Fax: (618) 235-3397
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Blackberries are ripening. They're a favorite of raccoons, squirrels, box turtles, birds and people.
• Butterflies like the Tawny Emperor, Great Spangled Fritillary, Little Wood Satyr and Mourning Cloak can be seen.
• Staghorn Sumac flowering. The fruits that follow are attractive to many species of song and game birds.
• Chicken Fungus and other Sulphur mushrooms are noticeable.
• Eastern Hognose Snake mating continues into August.
• Bluegill, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass are spawning.
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
• House Wrens are nesting.